Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, August 8, 2008

Focus

In my devotions this morning, I was reminded of the importance of focusing on one thing at a time and doing each task to the best of my ability. In writing, it is so easy to lose focus. Should I work on my magazine article or my book? Do I need to set up my website or write my next e-book? What about reading? When should I do that? Some days, I find myself chasing my tail just trying to figure out what to work on next.

But focus is not only important in writing. It is imperative that we have focus in all areas of our lives. If our attention is split between several different things, are we able to devote our best to each of those? God wants us to do all things well, and for His glory. We can't do that if we don't keep our focus.

I really needed that reminder this morning. It's bound to be a busy day and the start of a busy weekend. Through my morning devotions, God reminded me that He will be with me every step of the way. All I need to do is focus on the next step.

No comments: