Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Are We Really Too Busy?

I, for one, think life has become too hectic. It seems there is always something to do, somewhere to go, etc. Many times I feel like I don't have time to stop and catch my breath, but is that really the case?

I had a friend recently tell me that she didn't have time to do a particular thing, but later on in the conversation, she told me how she had spent several hours talking to people online. Which is it? After that, I noticed that several people around me were complaining about not having the time to do the things they want to do, yet again, in the same conversation they revealed countless time-wasters that they indulged in daily.

All of this made me wonder if I do the same thing. Do I complain about being busy when in fact, I'm just wasting time? Now, don't get me wrong. We all need time to relax every now and then. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the hours spent on the cell phones, in front of the television, or at the computer. I'm talking about the numerous minutes that pass by without our awareness. Makes you think, doesn't it?

The moral of the story? I guess it would be to not complain about being too busy unless you can say without a doubt that you have not wasted any time. (That would stop a lot of complaining. Wouldn't it?)

I'm not really sure why I felt the need to mention that in the blog today, but it's been on my mind for a while, so I guess I just needed to vent. That being said, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments: