Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, January 26, 2009

I Just Need to Praise the Lord

If you came here for a devotional today, I'm sorry. I will try to post one tomorrow, but today I just need to praise the Lord.

For those of you who don't know, I attend Bible Baptist Church in Pickens, SC. God is really doing a great work there, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it!

Yesterday morning, we had 107 people in attendance (instead of our usual 70-80.) We had three new families join the church. Praise the Lord!

We were privileged to have Dr. Richard Hughes and his precious wife, Shirley, with us on Sunday morning and evening. Both services were sensational, and God moved.

Last night, tears flowed freely as people knelt at the altar and turned their burdens over to God. I'm pleased to say that a number of our teens dropped to their knees as well. Some of us were so overwhelmed that we felt like jumping and running (but we didn't.) Even after the service was over, many of us found that we couldn't leave. We just stood around talking about what a great day God had allowed us to have and praising Him for the work He is doing in our church.

If you do not have a home church, we would love for you to visit. We are a small, but friendly, church, and we love to have visitors. If you would like to be a part of what God is doing in our little church, feel free to stop by or contact me for directions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to say a few words as a follow up to what Dana has mentioned in today's Praise. I have a home church and love it, but Iw ill say this about Bible Baptist, everytime I have visited it, I ahve been blessed. Never once have I ever felt like a visitor, I have in fact been treated like family and embraced with the love of Christ.