Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Great to Have Friends

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly. Proverbs 18:24a

As many of you already know, last night I signed up for an account on Facebook, as well as Twitter and Squidoo. By this morning, my e-mail box was full of requests and confirmations of friendship. I had the opportunity to talk to people that I haven't spoken to since high school. One person even commented that even though we didn't know each other very well or for very long that she wanted to be my friend because I had always been kind to her. I couldn't have asked for a better compliment.

However, her comment reminded me that people are always watching. Am I always the Christian example I should be? If not, why not? I will be the first to admit that I've blown it more than once, which leads me to wonder, 'Who was watching then?' It's a thought that should keep us on our toes and grounded in the Word of God. We need to be so full of God's goodness that it simply overflows into everything we do and say. After all, we have a testimony to uphold, and that is very important.

Don't have any friends? Perhaps you haven't been showing yourself friendly. Nevertheless, there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. He loves us unconditionally! Now, that's a Friend worth having.

No comments: