Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Too Busy Not To Pray

I have a new book recommendation for you. It's entitled "Too Busy Not to Pray" by Bill Hybels. As I've mentioned before, I don't like a lot of books that deal with prayer because I feel that they over-complicate something that should be simple. When a book tells me exactly what words I should or should not use when praying or what time of the day I should pray, I get aggravated.

All that being said, Bill Hybels book is different. He does not give a formula for prayer. Instead, he enlightens on many different aspects of prayer. For example, he deals with things that may be preventing your prayers from being answered, how to know if a prompting is your own desire or the Holy Spirit, how to keep a better focus during your prayer time, and many other lessons that I've found very helpful and informative. The main drive of the book is to help us to make prayer a priority in our lives (something I feel we all need to be reminded of once in a while).

That's all I have for today. I pray you each have a blessed day!

No comments: