Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

God's Diary

Guys, you may not understand what I'm talking about here, so feel free to skip this post. Now, ladies, that I have your attention, I want to ask you a question. How many of you have or have had a diary?

I don't write in my diary anymore, but I still have the diary that I had when Jason and I were dating. I read in it every now and then. I reminisce of the times that we spent together during our dating years. It holds memories that I have a tendency to forget. Diaries are special that way. They record our thoughts and feelings so that we can always go back and re-live a certain moment in time.

Did you know that God has a diary? Malachi 3:16 says, Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

So, what do you think is in that book? I honestly have no idea, but it's an interesting thought. Isn't it? Obviously, God doesn't have to write things down to remember them, but do you think it might be possible that He's writing them down for us to remember? After all, don't we need to be reminded of the many times He's seen us through tough times? I know I do.

Just as with the verse in Psalms that talks about how God keeps our tears in a bottle, this verse reminds me of how much God loves us and how He longs for intimacy with us.

It might be wise for us to start a prayer journal. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but in it we can write down our requests to God and then mark when and how He answers those prayers. For us, it will be a written reminder of how God works in our lives through the good and the bad. We shouldn't have to be reminded, but we do. So, let's make an effort. It's the least we can do.

No comments: