Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Oh, What Love!


Tomorrow, Jason and I will be celebrating twelve years of marital bliss. Twelve years!!! Yesterday, I asked Jason, "How have you put up with me for twelve years?" He replied, "I was going to ask you the same thing."

For any of you who know me, you know I can be really sweet and then, I have my flip side. There are times when my red hair comes out, and I can be a real pain to be around. It seems to me that those are the times when Jason showers more love and attention on me. He doesn't get aggravated at my mood or offended by my fussing, he simply loves me for who I am and accepts that I have bad days. But, as great as that love is, it's nothing compared to the love of my Father.

If I were God, I would have given up on me a LONG time ago. I honestly don't know how He puts up with me. I have failed Him time and time again. I've forsaken Him in my desire for other things. I've doubted Him more times than I can count. I've blamed Him when things didn't go the way I thought they should. I've run away from Him. I've disobeyed Him. And the list goes on and on. Yet, He still loves me. When I get over my "mood of the moment," He's there with open arms and a tender smile on His face. How is that possible? How can He love me that much? How can He put up with so much from me and still treat me like a queen? One day, I'll understand that love. Until then, I will strive to love Him more and more!

No comments: