Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a Prayer!

I have a lot to do today, so this will be a short entry. I just wanted to share with you a prayer. You see, I've been reading a book that a friend loaned me. The book is an allegory about a little girl named Much-Afraid and her trip (led by the Shepherd) to High Places. I'm only about halfway through, but already, I've seen myself in the character of Much-Afraid.

Anyway, in one of the last chapters I read, Much-Afraid discovered that her two companions for the journey to High Places were Sorrow and Suffering. In a panic, she asked the Shepherd why she couldn't travel with Joy and Peace instead. The Shepherd simply told her that He knew best and asked if she would trust His decision. This was her reply. . .

"In all the world I have no one but you. Help me follow you, even though it seems impossible. Help me to trust you as much as I long to love you."

Wow! What a prayer! I long for that to me by prayer daily, and that I won't just say it, but that I'll truly mean it with all my heart. I just wanted to share that with you today.

If you ever get a chance, I recommend reading Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. It is an interesting read.

No comments: