Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, December 7, 2009

If It Sounds Too Good to Be True. . .


We've all heard the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I get a good dose of that daily. Being a freelance writer, I have to focus a lot of time on marketing and advertising, which means I see a lot of ads for other products. The hype online today is unbelievable!

Make $2,500 today. Guaranteed! No experience required! Start your own business today and be a millionaire by the end of the month! Grab this FREE report and find out how to have thousands of customers beating down your door! Make $300-$500 every hour filling out simple forms! Even a child could do this!
Blah, blah, blah! Heard it. Seen it. Unfortunately, I've even tried some. The outcome? They didn't work. There's always some catch or some fine print. There's always some important tidbit of information that they conveniently leave out (but of course you can purchase that information for a small fee of $29.99). I get utterly disgusted seeing this junk every day! The bad part is that it gives a bad name and reputation to those of us who are truly marketing something real and honest. Some days it's just more than I can stand, and I allow myself to become discouraged and depressed.

It's then that I am reminded of God's promises. They sound too good to be true, but they are true! God doesn't lie. If He said He will do something, He will! Oh, what a joy to know that there's something real and honest to rely on. What a relief to know that there's no fine print or missing information. God's Word spells out His promises loud and clear, and the best part is that He sticks to His Word. God keeps His promises. There's no hype involved!

No comments: