Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Reliable Forecast


I would like to have a word with the weatherman. He said that yesterday was supposed to be mostly sunny with a high of 72° -- beautiful weather for taking the dogs to the lake. The only problem is that he was WRONG!

It was not mostly sunny; it was quite cloudy all day. It was also windy and cool. Thankfully, I had taken a jacket for the morning chill. I ended up wearing it the entire time. My hands were so chilled I could barely write. The temperature was 58° when I began my hike. It was 60° when I was done. Ooooh, heatwave!

I'm not complaining about the weather, mind you. The cool temperature was quite a relief from the extreme heat we've been dealing with. No, my complaint is not with the weather--it's with the weatherman. If he doesn't know what the weather will be like, he should just say so.

Aren't you glad that our heavenly forecast is much more reliable than the weather forecast? I'm reminded of the old Roger Bennett song, "I've Read the Back of the Book and We Win." There's no question about it. Jesus will rule and reign for all eternity, and those of us who are saved will rule and reign with Him. What a glorious day! And just think, the weather will always be perfect!

No comments: