Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again


I know! I know! I said that I was going to get back into the swing of things with my blog posts on Monday. Yes, I know that it's Thursday, but you have no idea how crazy things have been. I've been cleaning, scraping, sanding, painting, marketing, studying, and on and on. The one thing I haven't been doing is writing. I haven't written in my blogs. I haven't written any articles. I haven't written any stories. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. And you know, I feel empty. There's a pressing need within me to write, and lately I've been too busy to see to that need. Lord willing, things will slow down a bit. I WANT TO WRITE! No, I NEED TO WRITE!

Just as I need to write to feel complete in my daily life, my spiritual life yearns for certain things too. And when I don't provide it with those things, it feels a great longing or emptiness. When I don't take the time to read my Bible or pray, I feel like something is missing. When I don't follow the Lord's leadership to send a card or make a phone call, something within me feels weakened or discouraged. Yes, my spirit has needs as well, and I would do well to make sure those needs are met . . . even if it means I won't get to write another day.

No comments: