Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst


Has food become more about frustration than fulfillment? The NY Times Bestselling release Made to Crave is the missing link between a woman’s desire to be healthy and the spiritual empowerment necessary to make that happen. Author Lysa TerKeurst personally understands the battle that women face. In Made to Crave, she will help you:

*Break the cycle of “I’ll start again on Monday,” and feel good about yourself today.
*Stop agonizing over numbers on the scale and make peace with your body.
*Replace rationalization that leads to diet failure with wisdom that leads to victory.
*Reach your healthy goals and grow closer to God through the process.

This book is not a how-to manual or the latest, greatest dieting plan. Made to Crave is a helpful companion to use alongside whatever healthy eating approach you choose — a book and Bible study to help you find the “want to” in how to make healthy lifestyle changes.

I, like most women, have been down the road of dieting. Anytime the latest, greatest dieting plan comes along promising quick and easy results, I find myself sucked in. I find myself thinking, Maybe I'll succeed this time. Maybe this one will work where all the others have failed. Maybe this time I'll be able to stick with it. But the results are always the same. I deprive myself of my favorite things and work hard for a few weeks. When I don't see the results I expect, I quit, telling myself it's not worth the sacrifice.

When I first heard about Made to Crave. I thought it sounded like an interesting approach, so I signed up to receive Lysa's 21-day challenge via e-mail. After the first few devotions, I felt so different about my weight loss goals. I learned that my problem was more than carrying around a few extra pounds. I had a spiritual problem, and until I remedied that, committing to any physical health plan would be in vain. I discovered that I don't need to go on a diet; I need to go on a journey. A journey to a new, healthy me. A journey that offers freedom, not deprivation.

I ordered Lysa's book and read through it one chapter at a time, stopping to digest and meditate on what I'd read. Her message, while painful, struck home in my heart, and by God's grace, I've already been able to make significant changes in my health plan. Lysa's message is backed with Scripture, and for convenience sake, there is a guide with all the verses listed in the back of the book. Through this book, the Lord has opened my eyes to a new way to approach weight loss, a way in which I can finally find victory.

If you are overweight, out of shape, or simply suffer from a lack of discipline to do the things you know you should, I highly recommend this book. It has honestly changed my life, and I believe it can do the same for you!


No comments: