Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Courageous


I don't do a lot of movie reviews, but every now and then one comes along that I just have to tell about.  Courageous is one of those few.  Courageous is the newest film from Sherwood Pictures, the makers of Flywheel, Facing the Giants and Fireproof.  As with all their other films, the movie is an inspirational story with a Biblical message.  The main theme behind the film is how to prioritize our lives around what is most important while also addressing how to cope when catastrophe strikes.

The first thing I will tell you is to have plenty of tissues nearby.  This is a tearjerker!  Oddly enough, though, at times I found myself laughing so hard my sides hurt and jaws cramped.  Just as other Sherwood films, it's the perfect blend of comedy, tragedy, adventure and inspiration.  From the very first scene, I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation.  The story is good, clean and wholesome, making it appropriate for audiences of any age.  Some scenes do contain violence as the main characters are police officers going about their jobs, but there is no foul language, nudity or other negative features.  It is a true Christian film with a Christian message.

If nothing else, I walked away from the movie being reminded that my family is important.  In fact, they're worth fighting for and even dying for.  I was reassured by the reminder that we don't always have to understand God's plan.  We just have to have faith that He is in control.

The film is an absolute MUST SEE!  You'll won't regret it.



No comments: