Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, March 9, 2012

Luna by Toni McNeill

Meet Luna, a guardian angel on a mission to reunite a lost dog with her owner, a little girl who feels lost without her canine friend.  Join Luna on her quest as she strives to encourage both dog and owner to keep going even when all seems hopeless.  It's an intriguing twist on the old book, The Incredible Journey.

When Toni contacted me a while back and asked me to help her with a book, I gladly agreed.  I had no idea how much I would fall in love with the story she wove.  Toni's way with words helped paint a picture so vivid that my mind's eye played the book like a movie.  The story evoked a myriad of emotions within me, and yes, I cried at both painful and joyful moments in the story.  It certainly helped that I'm a dog-lover and that I've experienced the loss of pets.  For all you "pet people" you know that it's more than losing a pet.  It's like losing a member of your family, and in some cases, even like losing a part of yourself.

Luna is an engaging story for readers of all ages, although younger children may need help in understanding some of the words and concepts introduced.   For the older readers, Luna is a type of allegory for the journey through life.  Reading about Luna reminded me that I, too, have angels watching over me.  And my angels are also encouraging me to continue the journey, no matter how great the distance ahead may seem.  I believe we all need that encouragement from time to time.

If I had to categorize Luna, I guess I would have to say it's a cross between fantasy and adventure (two of my favorite genres).  It's a great read, and I would encourage you to get your copy today!  I guarantee you won't want to put it down.



No comments: