Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, May 11, 2012

I Came Over the Wall

Do you ever feel like you're in a maze?  As a person seriously lacking in navigational skills, I can tell you that sometimes I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly through life.  Is this the way to go?  Is this the way out of my troubles?  Is this the way the Lord is guiding?  And many times, I find myself facing a brick wall.  In fact, sometimes it seems like no matter which way I turn, I'm facing a brick wall.  It's like my life is a giant labyrinth, only there's really no way out.  And so I turn and turn, wasting time and energy trying to figure out which way to go.

Wouldn't it be great if we could walk through walls?  You know, like Jesus did when He showed Himself to the disciples in the upper room after His resurrection.  Locked door?  No problem.  Thick wall?  So what?  Poof!  Here I am!  Wouldn't that be awesome?  With that ability, we could free ourselves from the maze.  Forget trying to go around and around.  We'd just go straight through.

Well, according to David the Psalmist, we have an ability that's just as good.  Look at what he says in Psalm 18:29:  For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.  As far as I'm concerned, leaping over the wall is just as good as going through it.  And David says that with God's help, that's exactly what we can do.  No walls can hold us back.  No maze is too difficult.  Not if we trust in God and listen to His direction.


Facing a wall today?  Not sure which direction to go?  Ask God for His guiding hand, and get ready to take a leap of faith.  Before long, you'll find yourself on the other side of the wall and back on your journey.  Superman may be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but only God can help His children leap over ordinarily insurmountable walls.  Why not let Him give you a boost today?  It sure beats standing there staring at a wall!

No comments: