Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, November 9, 2012

It's All About the Wait

Last week, I posted an article about my recent experimentation with Apple Cider Vinegar.  (If you missed that post, you can read it here.)  I've been taking it faithfully each day and have even increased my dosage to two tablespoons per day (one in the morning and one in the evening).  So far, I have noticed very little improvement.  There has been some change in my digestion, but that's about all I've noticed so far.

That's the tricky part about natural remedies--they aren't instant fixes.  In our fast-paced world, we feel we can't afford to wait for anything.  That's why we have express lanes, speedy checkouts, drive-throughs and microwaveable dinners.  We're in a hurry, and with that mindset, it's difficult to choose the overall better option over the faster one.  You see, natural remedies are just that--they are natural, and they are remedies.  Unlike many medications and prescription drugs today, natural remedies don't just mask the systems of any problems.  They actually get into your body's systems and work to repair any damage.  That process takes time, which means we have to wait for the results.

Wait?  That's a four-letter word, isn't it?  We don't like that word.  We don't want to wait.  I'm sorry to tell you this, but we are spoiled.  We want what we want, and we want it right now.   And so often, we choose convenience and speed over quality and goodness, resulting in unsolved problems that are hidden, but still very present and very detrimental.

Thankfully, I know enough about natural remedies and have enough experience with them that I'm not put off at this stage in my ACV experimentation.  I know I'm doing a good thing for my health, and even though I don't see any real results yet, I'm going to keep doing what I know to do.  Why?  Because I know the results will come.  It's just a matter of time.  If I'll be faithful, I will reap the benefits.  I just have to be willing to wait.

I'm think I'm finally getting to a place in my spiritual walk where I can look at my difficult circumstances and see the benefits waiting on the other side.  After all, I know enough about God and have enough experience with His ways to know that He always works for my good.  During those tough times of waiting, I know that if I'll just keep doing what I know to do, even when I don't see any results, I will eventually reap the benefits.  It's just a matter of time if I will continue to be faithful.  I just have to be willing to wait.  Wait for the Lord's guidance.  Wait for the Lord's blessings.  Wait for the Lord to open the doors of opportunity.  Wait for the Lord to reveal the treasures awaiting me on the other side of my stormy circumstances.

Every day we have some tough decisions to make.  Will we take the fast road or the best road?  Will we choose convenience over goodness?  Will we put our own desires above those that the Lord has for our lives?  Will we allow God to remedy the wrongs in our lives, or will we simply cover them up?  Will we be willing to wait through the bitter in order for our lives to be better?  It's a lot to think about.

 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

No comments: