Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's a Party, and You're Invited

Today is my birthday! Yes, today I turned another year older, but unlike many people I know, birthdays don't make me gloomy. On the contrary, I love birthdays! Maybe it has something to do with the presents or the chocolate cake, but whatever the reason, I choose to see birthdays as a milestone not a gravestone.

As I contemplated what to write about on this special day, my mind was drawn to the thought of a party. As many of you know, I throw some grand pity parties. But that is not my goal today. Instead, I would like to invite you to a praise party. Rest easy, no presents are required, only participation. This is how it works: click on the comment button and tell us something for which you are thankful. Your comment doesn't have to be long or eloquent. You don't even have to identify yourself if you don't want to. The goal is to glorify God, plain and simple. Instead of honoring me, let's honor the Lord. Will you join the party?

To kick off the party, I'll go first. I want to thank the Lord for another year to serve Him and for the many blessings that He's given me that I do not deserve. I thank Him for His patience with me and for His never-ending mercy. But above all, I thank Him for His faithfulness.

Okay, it's your turn. Just click on the comment button below and say a few words in honor of our Lord and Savior. I couldn't ask for anything better on my birthday. And thank you, in advance, for attending my praise party. I hope it will be a blessing to many!

Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord. - Psalm 150

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for writers like you who inspire & encourage us each day.Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow. My Birthday is just around the corner and I Just want to fall down and worship our coming King for being so good..Praise God we'll soon meet to part no more.
God Bless you and Yours.
Robert Jeans