Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, June 28, 2013

Get Over It!

Do you remember that nerdy kid in school?  You know, the one who came to class early and left late.  The one who always had her nose in a book.  The one who made straight A's and still did extra credit.  The one who cheered for book reports and celebrated library time.  Remember now?  Well, that was me.  Yes, I was the geek, the teacher's pet and the book lover.  Truth is, I still am.  I love to read, but more than that, I love to learn.  In my mind, there's nothing like the thrill of acquiring new knowledge.

So, you're probably wondering why I'm telling you this, right?  Well, it's because I learned something new this morning, and I got so excited about it, I just had to share.  As I was reading (big surprise), I came across some interesting information about eagles.  Apparently when eagles soar through the sky, they are frequently attacked by crows, who fly up from behind or underneath and peck at the eagles' wings.  To escape the constant attacks, the eagles ascend to an altitude the crows can't achieve, leaving the eagles to soar peacefully.

As soon as I read that, the song, "You Raise Me Up" began playing in my mind.  So many times we, like the eagles try to soar through life but find ourselves distracted and defeated by the pecking crows (i.e. the troublesome circumstances that come our way).  Unfortunately, we usually try to defend ourselves, and in so doing, we become frustrated and weary.  If only we would learn from the eagle.  Don't struggle.  Don't fight.  Get over it, or to phrase it differently, above it.  Just as the wind currents lift the eagle to new heights, so does God wish to lift us up above our stormy circumstances.  Doesn't the Bible say He will make a way of escape?  This is it.

How are you soaring today?  Are the crows pecking away at your strength and your faith?  If so, won't you allow God to raise you up to new heights?  After all, He is the Most High.  He loves you and wants what's best for you.  He can raise you up, and He will if you'll only trust Him. 

Have problems?  Don't know what to do?

Easy.  Just get over it!

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

No comments: