Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, August 6, 2015

It Does Get Better Than This

This morning I had the opportunity to visit a chiropractor for the first time in over five years.  Being my initial consultation visit, I had to fill out the appropriate paperwork, which mostly consisted of my name, address, phone number, e-mail and how much time had passed since my last chiropractic adjustment.  No problem!  The bottom half of the form, however, gave me pause.  It was a list of ailments and illnesses and instructed me to check any that applied.  After I checked every box in the first column, I was growing embarrassed.  Neck pain?  Absolutely.  Back pain?  You bet.  Headaches?  Oh yeah!  Allergies?  Sinus problems?  Arthritis?  Yes, yes and yes.

Honestly, I think I terrified the poor doctor because as soon as he looked at my card he exclaimed, "Wow, you've checked a lot of boxes."  It was so humiliating.  I'm not even 40 yet, and my body is falling apart.  What gives?  Still, the chiropractor was very pleasant and did what he could to ease my suffering.  One of the things that gave me the most surprise and the most relief after he fixed it was my dislocated collar bone.  No wonder my neck and shoulder have been such a mess lately!

During my prayer time this morning, I was thanking the Lord for allowing me to find a reasonably-priced Christian chiropractor and for the relief I was already beginning to feel from my first adjustment.  This, of course, brought back the memory of checking all those boxes of ailments and illnesses, and my praise momentarily turned a bit sour.  But then, a single phrase from one of my favorite songs came to my mind:  "Every wrong will be made right."

Hallelujah!  One day, every wrong (whether it be physical, mental, spiritual, financial, relational and so on) will be made right.  No more aches.  No more pains.  No more dislocated collar bones.  No financial worries.  No job stress.  It will all be made right, and while it may not be "just right" now, I can find peace in the promise that this too shall pass.  I'm looking forward to that day.  How about you?

And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation. - Isaiah 25:9

No comments: