Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Who Do You Think I Am: A New Series

Who do you think I am?  This is the question Jesus asked the disciples during one of their learning sessions.  Most people weren't sure what to make of Jesus.  Some thought He was John the Baptist.  Others believed He was Elijah reincarnated.  Many believed Him to be Jeremiah or one of the other prophets of long ago.  But Jesus' question to the disciples here was directed to them alone.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? (Matthew 16:15)

Fortunately, Peter had the right answer:  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16)

It seems that the Lord has been asking me the same question of late.  Through my various studies, lessons and readings about faith and building up our four walls of protection around our heart, a single theme has been present.  Could it be that I don't trust God like I should because I don't know Him as I should?  If I truly understood and believed His character, would I still be plagued by doubt, confusion and fear?  I think not.  I think faith is trusting in the nature of God, believing with all our heart that He is good and kind and faithful.

That being said, the Lord has laid on my heart a new series.  We've dealt before with the names of God, but I want to dig even deeper into the true character of God.  And more than that, I want to make it personal.  Who is God to me?  What is God to me?  In what ways can I best relate to God?

To accomplish this goal, we will be looking at the various titles given to God in the book of Psalms.  Covering one title per day, it will take us several months to get through, but I feel this is something the Lord would have us look at.  After all, how can we trust someone we don't fully know?  I'll probably be scattering some unrelated posts in here and there as the Lord directs, but other than that, I'm embarking on a mission to know God more, and I pray you'll join me for this exciting new series.
SaveSave

No comments: