Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, June 4, 2012

Compare and Contrast

I'm going to do something a little different today.  I don't usually send readers away from my blog, but today I just felt led to do so.  I read an article last week that really hit home with me, and I felt it needed to be shared.  The article is entitled "Measuring Up" by Renee Swope.

"When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise." 2 Corinthians 10:12 (NIV)

Do you ever compare yourself to other women and feel like you don't quite measure up? Maybe you feel like you're not as smart, pretty, fun, organized or as good at _______ as they are.

It is so easy to think that if we had more or knew more, we'd be secure. But the truth is, even people who "have it all" still struggle with feelings of insecurity. The Bible opens with the story of a woman who had everything but it still wasn't enough (Genesis 2).

Click here to read the rest of the article.  I promise you it's worth it!

No comments: