Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm Back!


It's good to be back from my "time off." I wish I could say it was a restful week, but alas, it was anything but. Here's a quick rundown:

Sunday: Tried a new order of service for church. I was confused and VERY busy.

Monday: Helped hubby build the new sound room for church. We spent nearly 12 hours at this task, and no, it was not completed. (We had to go hither and yon to purchase the materials too.)

Tuesday: Jason worked a long day, so I spent the time trying to make some progress on my book. I also tried to recover from Monday's labor.

Wednesday: Jason worked a morning job while I took the dogs to the lake for some much-needed exercise. Jason took the remainder of the day off, so we left at lunch time to continue the work on the sound room. We worked until church time and got a lot done. By the end of church, I was barely able to keep my eyes open.

Sometime in the early week: Jason got into some poison ivy or poison oak. We noticed a little bit of it on Wednesday as we were working, but didn't think much of it. By Wednesday night, Jason was VERY itchy, so sleep was hard to come by (for both of us).

Thursday: Jason worked a full day despite his worsening itches. I tried to work on my book, but found that my concentration was not up to the task. (Go figure!) Still, I got some work done around the house and some progress made on my book.

Thursday night: VERY LITTLE SLEEP!!!!! Too much itching and scratching. (Caffeine, please!)

Friday: Jason soldiered on and went to work again. I took the dogs out again for some exercise. After that, I ran errands and picked up more medication for my itching and extremely miserable husband. Then, I finally made some more progress on my book. (It's sad, really. I spent so much time designing the cover when it really shouldn't have taken more than a couple of hours. I'd been working on it all week - well, when I had time anyway!)

Friday night: You guessed it -- no sleep!!!!! (Seriously, I really need caffeine!)

Saturday: With a long list of things that needed to be done, we decided to trash the list and get some rest. Jason rested while I got caught up on some things and worked on getting things ready for homecoming on Sunday. Food? Check. Clothes? Check. Offeratory? Check. Special music lyrics? Check.

Saturday night: Some rest. (It may have had something to do with the herbal sleeping pills I took. Who knows?)

Sunday: Homecoming. Good service. Good food. No evening service which means more rest for the weary (that's me).

So, as you can see, it's been a very hectic and "interesting" week for us. Still, I'm glad I can honestly say that God has been good to me! He has given strength and patience (for all you ladies who have ever had to tend to a sick husband, you know what I'm talking about).

Thank you for your patience during the past week. I honestly don't think I could have fit another thing in, and even if I had, I'm not sure how coherent my posts would have been. Anyway, thanks for your faithful following. Lord willing, I'll have some great posts for you this week. And keep your eyes open for news concerning my new book, Random Ramblings of a Raving Redhead.

No comments: