Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Are You Prepared to Stand?


During our Sunday School time, our church is currently going through the video series "Answers in Genesis" by Ken Hamm. I've always enjoyed presentations by Ken Hamm as he has a way of helping me to understand how to defend creationism.

Mr. Hamm was recently at a homeschool convention in my hometown. Due to prior obligations, I wasn't able to attend, but I really wanted to go. Imagine my surprise when I heard the news that he had been kicked out. I don't know the man personally, but I've seen enough of his presentations to know that he's in line with the Bible. So if he was kicked out, what does that tell you? If you would like to read more about it (including the letter from the homeschool board), click here.

If nothing else, this event has reminded me that if we take a stand for what is right, some people are not going to like it. Some people will fuss and complain. Some will speak out against us. And some will find other ways to attack our character and testimony. Yes, it's sad, but I'm afraid some people can't stand for the truth while others just can't stand the truth.

What about you? Are you prepared to stand for the truth no matter what? Are you ready to defend your faith? Are you prepared to stand up for what you believe in even if it causes others to speak out against you? I'm not saying it will be easy, but I can assure you that it is necessary!

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:13

No comments: