Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's Time to Check Your Pulse

Ever since reading Ken Davis' book, Fully Alive, I just can't escape the thought of living my life to my full potential in Christ.  Every thought and action now has new meaning and is run through a filter to determine whether it will help or hinder me in my goal to live a more exciting and fulfilling life.  I've been sharing my new journey with my ladies' Sunday School class and to help them start journeys of their own, I issued them a test.  The answers were quite telling, and in the end, each lady felt conviction on some level.  Today, I'd like to share that test with you.  Read through the questions below and provide an honest answer.  This is completely between you and the Lord, so don't be afraid to tell the truth.  Remember, it is the truth that will set us free.


Are You Really Alive?

1. Do you face each day with excitement or dread?

2. Is your life predictable?

3. When was the last time you learned a new skill or hobby?

4. When was the last time you tried something new?

5. Have you allowed any part of your life (health, home, habits, etc.) to fall into
disrepair even though you had all the necessary tools to prevent it?

6. How often do you put off tasks until a later time instead of doing them immediately?

7. When was the last time you smiled until your face hurt?

8. When someone asks you how you're doing, can you honestly say, "I'm fine"?

9. When was the last time you did something just for the sheer joy and pleasure of
doing it?

10. In the past year, what's the most exciting thing you've done?

No comments: