Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, April 3, 2014

What Can I Say?


Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. - Romans 8:26

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the Lord and couldn't figure out what to say. I was hurting. I had a need, but the words just wouldn't come. At times, I'm not even sure what I want, much less how to ask for it. There are times that I go to pour my burden out unto the Lord only to discover that there are no words to describe how I feel. (And let me tell you, it's not good for a writer to be without words!)

During these times, I'm so thankful that the Lord knows my needs and desires. I'm so grateful that the Spirit makes intercession for me and speaks to the Father when I just can't find the words to express my feelings and emotions. If you're experiencing a loss of words today, never fear. Go to the Lord, bask in His presence, and allow the Spirit to talk for you. He knows what we need, and He's the only One who can get the message across.

No comments: