Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, July 21, 2016

What You Eat Determines What You Think

Several weeks ago, I started The Daniel Plan.  I was fed up!  Sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Weary of fad diets that left me feeling worse than I had before I started.  Despondent of ever finding an answer to my failing health at such a young age.  That being the case, when I first saw the Daniel Plan, I thought, Yeah, sure.  It's just another gimmick to get my money. (Told you I was fed up!)  But God kept bringing it to my attention and there was an underlying prompting to find out what it was all about.

I did, and after much prayer, study and preparation, I began the most wonderful health plan I've ever experienced.  Please understand, this is not a commercial or promotion for this plan.  I'm only telling you this to get to the point of today's devotion, but I can say this:  Since starting the plan, I've lost several pounds from my body and inches from my waist.  On top of that, my blood pressure has reduced drastically.  I've also had energy like I haven't felt in many, many years.  So, if you're looking to lose weight or simply feel better, I do urge you to look into the Daniel Plan.

Based on everything I had read about the plan, I expected to see results in my body, and I did.  I also expected to see results in my ability to focus and concentrate, and I did.  Here's what I never expected, though.  Once I had cleared the "garbage" out of my system and begun filling my body with healthy, nutrient-dense food, my thinking changed.  Not just my focus, clarity, and concentration, mind you, but what I thought about.  Negative thoughts were replaced with positive ones.  Feelings of depression and sadness were replaced with joy and hope.  Even when bad things happened, my overall response was drastically different than it had been before.  I didn't fly off the handle or feel like drowning myself in chocolate.  Instead, I calmly examined the situation, determined what I could do, and gave the rest to God.  It has been downright amazing!

Perhaps I'm not telling you anything new today, but I had to share my discovery.  For so long I have battled with my negative thoughts and emotions.  And though I've fed myself daily with spiritual food, it seemed like I didn't make any progress in this area.  It was only when I changed my physical food that I noticed a drastic change in my way of thinking.  Each day has now become an exciting journey rather than just another day to endure.  And it all began with what I put in my mouth!

I am not a physician, and I am not trying to talk you into anything.  However, I did want to share with you the glorious transformation that has taken place in my life.  Why?  Because maybe you feel the same way I did.  Tired.  Sick.  Weak.  Frustrated.  Negative.  If so, don't you owe it to yourself and those around you to seek help?  It doesn't have to be the Daniel Plan, but there are many healthy-eating plans out there today.  I can't testify to how they work or what they require, but if it is focused around healthy, wholesome, unprocessed food, you can't go wrong.  You can change your thought process by simply changing your diet, and in the end, your entire life will feel transformed.

Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness. - Acts 14:17
SaveSave

No comments: