Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Have a Non-Electronic Christmas

Someone sent me this video the other day, and I was shocked.  I know people can become absorbed with their phones, tablets, iPods and so on, but this guy needed a serious lesson. . . and if you'll watch to the end, you'll see he got one.  Please watch the video, then read the comments under it.  I promise, I don't have a lot to say today, but the thing the Lord has laid on my heart is very important.



We live in a technologically-advanced world, and while it has its advantages, it also has its disadvantages.  I believe we are more detached from people in this day and age than ever before, and it's because we're addicted to our devices.  It seems most people can't go five minutes without checking Facebook, playing some video game or fiddling with some other mindless app--all the while ignoring the people around them.  I beg of you, this Christmas, leave your devices at home, or at the very least, in your purse or pocket.  I promise you that Twitter will survive the day without you.  Don't use family time (which is rare and precious) to catch up on emails or to play games that you could play anytime during the course of any given day.  Family gatherings are special.  They give us time to reunite, to catch up and yes, even to slow down from the busy world.  Please, please, please give yourself and your loved ones a break from technology this Christmas and enjoy time with the people sitting in the same room as you.  And no, I'm not condemning anyone for using their phone to take pictures or their tablet to talk with a loved one across the globe.  That's not my point.  What I'm saying is to cherish the time with loved ones because you don't know how much time we have left.  Make it special!  Make it count!

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. - Ephesians 5:15-17

No comments: