Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Changing the World One Prayer at a Time

Once or twice a week, I enjoy browsing through Pinterest to find interesting ideas and profound quotations. Recently, one of those quotes struck a chord with me and has been convicting me ever since. It read, "If God answered all of your prayers, would the world look different or just your life?"

That makes you think, doesn't it? As I thought about that quote, I looked back over many of my previous prayers. Prayers for my health, my safety, my provision and my wants and needs. Me, me, me! Sure, I've prayed for the needs of others, but if I'm honest, I haven't spent nearly as much time praying for others as I have for myself. Yes, I have to admit, when it comes to prayers, I'm rather selfish. The sad part is, I didn't even realize it--or at least not the extent of it--until I came across that quote.

I don't know about you, but I want my prayers to move mountains, not just in my own life but in the lives of others as well. I would love to see my prayers change the world, not just my existence. I want to pray prayers that please the Father, lift up the fallen and represent the needs of others. Being a prayer warrior involves not only fighting for your own life, but fighting for the lives of others also. Praying on their behalf. Speaking to God when they can't find the words for themselves.

I encourage you today to examine your own prayer life. Is it self-centered, or do you spend as much time praying for others as you do for your own needs? If your prayers are selfish, what can you do to change that?

Brothers and sisters, let's do what we can do to become the prayer warriors we ought to be. Let's change the world one prayer at a time!

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. - James 5:16

No comments: