Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, October 6, 2017

Who Do You Think I Am? - Our Defense


Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence. - Psalm 59:9

Sometimes, life is just not fair.  People let us down.  Circumstances arise that are unfair and unjust.  Enemies come against us. During these times, it's a comfort to know that we don't have to take matters into our own hands.  We can leave it up to God.  He is our defense.  He will avenge our wrongs.  He'll take care of things in His way and in His time, and I can guarantee you He'll do a much better job than we ever could.  Besides, who are we to act as judge and jury?  If you recall from yesterday's lesson, that's not our place.  It's God's.  The Bible tells us as much: Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:19-21)

In essence, God is saying, "You let me handle the bad guys.  As for you, kill them with kindness."  Those are our orders.  Are we going to follow them?  We might as well.  We'd certainly be better off.  After all, God's got our backs.  He is our defense.  Let's turn the problem over to Him and leave it there!

2 comments:

Glen Follweiter said...

Thanks Dana. Another great post. His way his timing. I like it. Well to be honest that is tough at times as u know too well I am sure. But why fight it. He is our defense. Yippee. Love them too death. I like that too.I need to work on that one more...darn...blessings to you and Jason and Barnabas

Dana Rongione said...

Thanks, Glen. Yes, most of these things are easier said than done, but praise the Lord for our patient Father who continues to work with us and on us. God bless you and yours!