Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, November 10, 2017

Who Do You Think I Am? - Conclusion


We've reached the end of the titles of God in the Psalms without me even realizing it.  Yes, I could have expanded the study to include all the adjectives and descriptive phrases, but for the sake of brevity, I wanted to keep it focused on the titles themselves.  And, it seems we've reached the end.  Honestly, though, I can't think of a better term to end on than the one we discussed yesterday: "He in whom I trust."  If you think about it, it's only because God is all these other things that we can place our trust in Him.  What an awesome conclusion!

In fact, the book of Psalms has a beautiful conclusion of its own.  The last several chapters are all about praising God.  They speak of who God is, what He's done and what He is going to do.  It's like the Lord planned the book in such a way as to first explain precisely who God is so that we would find Him worthy of praise by the time (and hopefully long before) we reach the end.

For the sake of time and space, I'm not going to share with you all of these closing psalms, but I do encourage you to read them.  I would, however, like to post the final psalm as a means of concluding this study.  The title asks, "Who Do You Think I Am?"  Now, we know the answer to that question, and because God is so amazing, He deserves our praise.

Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord. - Psalm 150

No comments: