Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Back

From the look of my blog, I've been out of town again, but such was not the case. This weekend, my hubby came down with a terrible head cold. I felt a little under the weather myself, but I could tell he felt much worse. So, I devoted the weekend to trying to take care of him and not get sick myself. Well, I managed the first part. As for the second, why did I even think I could take care of him and not catch what he had? I catch everything! I'm just one of those people.

So, this morning I woke up with a throbbing in my head, a sore and swollen throat, and a brick laying on my chest (not really, but that's what it felt like). I was looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this week, but I guess that will have to wait. In the meantime, I'll try to get plenty of rest and lots of fluids.

The thought I leave you with today is this: sometimes our plans are not God's plans. I didn't plan on getting sick and "wasting" a day of work, but for some reason, God saw fit for it to happen. Maybe He wants me to slow down. Maybe He is trying to tell me something. And maybe He's just reminding me to be thankful for the health I normally have. So, even in the hard times, try to look for the good. It's there . . . somewhere!

No comments: