Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, August 29, 2008

Recommended Reading

I am currently reading Nancy Twigg's book "From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life From the Inside Out." This is actually the second time I've read through it, but I'm amazed at how many things I'm seeing that I missed the first time. (I always do better to read a book twice. It helps ensure that I see all the little nuggets buried deep in the text.)

I highly recommend this book to anyone who feels cluttered or overwhelmed. In the book, Nancy explains that outward clutter is merely a symptom of inward clutter. She says, From now on, think of clutter as any possession, habit, thought pattern, attitude, or activity that (1) you don't need or use anymore, (2) doesn't fit or work for you like it used to, or (3) doesn't add value and meaning to your life as it once did. Wow! How many things in my life fit that description? Too many to count.

The author basically deals with the subject of clutter in three parts: from cluttered thoughts and attitudes to inner clarity, from cluttered lifestyle to outer clarity, from cluttered money matters to financial clarity. This book is a "must read" for anyone who deals with discontentment, worry, bitterness, self-image, lack of time, loss of joy, etc.

I know we are all busy, but please take the time to read this incredible book. I'm sure it will make a difference in your lives.

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Hebrews 12:1

No comments: