Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bearing One Another's Burdens

Yesterday morning in church, my pastor shared a burden. His tears flowed freely as he told of three pastor friends (no names mentioned) who were under very heavy burdens. He invited the church to gather at the altar to help pray for these three men of God.

As I knelt at the altar, I couldn't hold back my own tears. I didn't even know these men or what their problems may be, but I knew their burdens were heavy. I couldn't help but ask God for forgiveness for being so ungrateful about how good my life is. Yes, I go through trials. Yes, I have burdens of my own. But, as the song says, "through it all, God's been good."

As you go through your day today, remember to pray for others. The Bible encourages us over and over again to bear one another's burdens. The best way for us to do that is to pray for them. And during that time of prayer, remember to thank God for the many prayers He has already answered.

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2

No comments: