Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, September 15, 2008

Getting the Point Across

For the past several weeks, it seems that every message, every song, every devotion has revolved around the theme that nothing is too hard for God. I had picked up on the trend and thought to myself 'Boy, God's really trying to get someone's attention.' Well, I was right. He was trying to get through to me.

Things had been a little rough, but I was still going. I still felt that God could do a work in me, and I was determined to keep running my race. Little did I know that there was an area of quicksand just inches in front of me, and God was trying to give me the strength ahead of time to make it through. He was equipping me with promises and assurances that He would be with me, even in the toughest times, and that He could meet my every need, no matter how big.

Because I thought these messages were for someone else, I didn't really take them to heart. Don't get me wrong. I listened to each one, but I didn't really meditate on them and think of how to apply them to my own life. I had no idea I was about to face an obstacle. So, when I reached the quicksand, I panicked. I tried to get through on my own, and when that failed, I cried my eyes out, determined that this race was much too difficult, and ready to quit.

God had tried to give me the weapons to fight the battle, but I didn't take them. Instead, I decided to do things the hard way, and let me tell you, if I could go back, I would have taken the weapons He provided. I'm making it through, but it has cost me a lot.

My plea is that you don't make the same mistake that I made. Any time God is speaking, whether it be through a sermon, a song, a book, etc, listen closely and take to heart the message He is giving you. You never know when you may need it! Don't assume that the message is for someone else. Take it and apply it to your own life. It may save you a good deal of time and strength!

No comments: