Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm So Confused

I've been researching the fitness industry for content to use on a new fitness program review website. All I can say is that there are as many fitness theories as there are stars in the sky. I'm serious! Low fat. Low carb. No meat. Only meat. Moderate exercise. Intense exercise. Workout daily. Workout two to three times each week. Not only that, but each one claims that their program is the best, and some of them even contradict themselves if you read enough of the material. It's been frustrating, to say the least.

All of that being said, I'm so glad that when I sit down to read my Bible each day that it doesn't contradict itself. I'm so thankful that the Word of God is true and that it is constant. It doesn't change from day to day depending on new theories or statistics. It's not watered down to be more appealing to the masses. From day to day, it stands. Am I saying that I completely understand everything in the Bible? Of course not! I don't think anyone does except for the Author. But, when I open my Bible, I'm not bombarded by errors and inconsistencies. I'm not overwhelmed by contradictions. The Bible says what it means and it means what it says. Case closed!

When reading the various health and fitness manuals, I've learned to not put much stock in any of the information. After all, it may change on the next page. When reading my Bible, I'm reminded to take in every word, for each one is important, and the message is unchanging!

Heaven an earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Luke 21:33

No comments: