Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God Speaks

I just wanted to share with you some interesting things from my devotion time this morning. If you did not read yesterday's post, you may want to do that before reading this one. It will make more sense that way.

My question yesterday was should I help God out or should I get out of the way and let Him work? In my daily Bible reading today, I found the answer. I was reading in Isaiah 30. In verse 7, it says "Their strength is to sit still." My ears perked up. Then, I read on. Verse 18 "Blessed are all they that wait for him." Okay, God, you have my attention. Everyone ready for this? Read on to verses 20 & 21. "And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers; and thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left." WOW!!!! It doesn't get any clearer than that, does it? "This is the way."

Still, there was a part of me saying, "That's just a coincidence. It has nothing to do with what I'm going through right now." So, God spoke a little louder. I started flipping through my little devotion book, and a title caught my attention. I read the passage, and I was convinced that it was indeed God who was speaking. I'd like to share the devotion with you. (Don't worry. It's short.)

God's Good Timing

Why does God wait until the money is gone? Why does he wait until the sickness has lingered? Why does he choose to wait until the other side of the grave to answer the prayers for healing? I don't know. I only know that his timing is always right. I can only say he will do what is best. . .Though you hear nothing, he is speaking. Though you see nothing, he is acting. With God there are no accidents. Every incident is intended to bring us closer to Him.

Grace For the Moment by Max Lucado

No comments: