Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Cheerful Countenance

A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. - Proverbs 15:13

We are living in dark times. People are desperate, discouraged, and depressed. The economy is bad. Employment is nearly impossible to find. But, if we dwell on these things, we will soon discover that our spirit is broken. We need to focus on the good things. We need to smile. We need to laugh. We need to rejoice. I know it sounds difficult, but last night Jason and I found this Christian comedian, and we laughed like we haven't laughed in months. Tears were literally streaming down my face because I was laughing so hard. In fact, my jaws are still sore this morning. I know the clip is rather long, but trust me, it's worth every minute. After all, I'm sure we could all use a good laugh! I hope you enjoy Daren Streblow.

No comments: