Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Don't Be Hasty


The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want. - Proverbs 21:5

When I came across this verse yesterday, it kind of put me in my place. I don't have a lot of trouble with the first part, although there are days that I feel I get nothing done. The second part? Well, that's another story. I tend to have the attitude of "Lord, give me patience, and give it to me right now." I hate waiting for things.

As many of you know, Jason has been out of work for over six months. You talk about a waiting game! I know many other people who are in the exact same boat. So, what's the deal? What is God doing? Does He enjoy making us suffer?

No, and again I say, "NO!" God is not doing this to make us suffer. I don't know, nor can I understand, the mind of God, but I do know that He works with our best interest at heart. I know that He sees "the big picture" and therefore, knows what to give us and when to give it. Plus, it could be that God is trying to teach a little patience. After all, I haven't passed that test yet.

Feeling frustrated and weary today? Tired of waiting for your circumstances to change? Be diligent. Keep doing what you know God wants you to do, and things will work out. It may take some time, but He will meet your need in ways you could never imagine. Wait on Him. His timing is best!

No comments: