Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Lord Is . . .


I receive daily e-mails from a man named Doug Apple. Doug has a radio program entitled "Apples of Gold." He sends out his radio scripts (which are devotions) to all those who are signed up on his e-mail list. Today's devotion was such a blessing to me, I just wanted to share it with all of you. I've posted the entire e-mail including Doug's contact information. If you would like to sign up to receive his e-mails, simply send an e-mail to the address below. Enjoy!

Apples of Gold

Radio Script for November 10, 2010

“The Lord Is”

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

A lot of people say a lot of things about the Lord.

We cast all sorts of attributes onto Him, and if we aren’t careful, we will fashion Him into our own image.

So just who is the Lord, really?

I decided to search the scriptures for this one phrase, “The Lord is.”

So…just sit back and listen as I share with you what I found. According to the Bible, this is what the Lord is.

The Lord is God. (Joshua 22:34)

He is the true God, the living God. (Jeremiah 10:10)

The Lord is God, and there is no other. (Deuteronomy 4:35)

The Lord is God in heaven above and on earth below. (Deuteronomy 4:39)

The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. (Isaiah 40:28)

The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy 6:4)

The Lord is the Spirit. (Second Corinthians 3:17)

The Lord is exalted. (Psalm 138:6)

The Lord is high above all nations, and His glory above the heavens. (Psalm 113:4)

The Lord is great and greatly to be praised. (First Chronicles 16:25)

The Lord is great in power. (Nahum 1:3)

The Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations. (Psalm 34:8)

The Lord is trustworthy. (Psalm 145:13)

The Lord is peace. (Judges 6:24)

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed. (Psalm 9:9)

The Lord is gracious and full of compassion. (Psalm 103:8, Psalm 111:4)

The Lord is slow to anger and abundant in mercy. (Numbers 14:18)

The Lord is a God of knowledge. (First Samuel 2:3)

The Lord is upright. (Psalm 92:15)

The Lord is against those who do evil. (First Peter 3:12)

He is a warrior, a God of recompense. (Exodus 15:3, Jeremiah 51:56)

He is a jealous and avenging God. (Nahum 1:2, First Thessalonians 4:6)

The Lord is righteous and just, faithful in all He does and holy in all His works. (Second Chronicles 12:6, Psalm 11:7, Psalm 145:17)

The Lord is my shepherd. (Psalm 23:1)

He is my helper. (Hebrews 13:6)

He is my banner and my portion. (Exodus 17:15, Lamentations 3:24)

The Lord is my defense. (Psalm 94:22)

The Lord is my strength and my song. He has become my salvation. (Exodus 15:2)

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, my strength, my shield and my high tower. (Second Samuel 22:2, Psalm 18:2)

The Lord is my light and my salvation, the strength of life. (Psalm 27:1)

The Lord is our judge, our lawgiver and our king. (Isaiah 33:22)

The Lord is our righteousness. (Jeremiah 33:16)

The Lord is our God. (Second Chronicles 13:10)

He is King for ever and ever. (Psalm 10:16)

The Lord is His name. (Jeremiah 33:2, Amos 5:8)


Comments?

E-mail me: dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today! With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.


© 2010 The Arrow’s Tip
To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here: http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one: douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”? Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold. Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.” I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL 32315
(850) 926-8000

No comments: