Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Challenging Question


Recently, the youth leader at our church posed a very powerful question to our young people. The young people were quick to spread the news throughout the church. I don't know about everyone else, but that question has been on my mind a lot over the past week. The question was this: What if you woke up this morning with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

At first, the question brought to mind other questions. What would I have? My husband? My family? My sweet dogs? My church? My home? My salvation????? To be honest, an uneasiness crept through me as I realized how little I would have. That uneasiness was then accompanied by shame. Shame on me! Sometimes I forget just how ungrateful I really am.

This is not a long post because I don't need much space to say what the Lord has laid on my heart this morning. I challenge you today to thank the Lord for what you have. If you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked God for today, what would you have? It's something worth thinking about.

No comments: