Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Behind the Scenes

Over the past several months, different occasions have arisen which caused me to see that I am behind the times in my writing and office set up. As you would imagine, I have a computer with a nice monitor, but that's about it where my writing is concerned. After having to turn down two requests to be interviewed because I didn't have a working webcam, I decided it was time for me to get up-to-date.

My first step, of course, was to research the best webcam I could get for the least amount of money. I wish I could say that my office additions ended there, but another situation made it necessary to look into the software and equipment I would need to dictate my writing. Because of my chronic dislocations in my shoulder region, I am finding it necessary to spend less time hunched over my keyboard. Dictation would allow me to continue writing without feeling trapped at my desk all day long.

So, Jason and I began studying all the variations of the software and equipment it would take to bring the solution about. Silly me, I thought the process only involved the dictation software and a microphone, but it goes far beyond that. I had no idea there were so many decisions that needed to be made. What type of microphone do you want? Corded or cordless? What type of adapters do you have and/or need? What kind of stand do you need for your microphone? Is the microphone affordable? Does that microphone work with your new webcam? And that's only the beginning of the search to set up my office for video and dictation. If you only knew what has transpired behind the scenes!

One thing I can say is that this entire process has given me insight into the workings of God. On the surface, with my finite mind, I see situations and seemingly ideal solutions, but God sees the whole picture.   He knows and understands what He's doing behind the scenes, and while it may not seem like much to us, I now understand that there is much more to it than meets the eye.   After all, if it takes this much work and study and preparation to set up my office, how much more thought and work does God put into crafting our lives into what He wants them to be?

I am hoping and praying that all of this work behind the scenes will soon pay off with added productivity, more exposure, and less wear and tear on my body. I may even be able to start adding some video devotions to the blog every once in a while.  Wouldn't that be cool?  I would appreciate your prayers as I embark on this new endeavor that the Lord will give me wisdom in making the proper decisions and that he would provide the funds necessary to make these adjustments. (Software and equipment aren't cheap!)

One thing we can be certain of is that God's work behind the scenes will always pay off. He has a perfect plan, and nothing can thwart it. And though we may not see it now, one day we will see and understand how all the pieces fit together.

Perhaps you are in a situation today, and you feel as if God is not listening or doing anything to help. Have faith, my friend, that God is always working on your behalf and that His work behind the scenes is perfect and necessary for your good and His glory.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: - Philippians 1:6

No comments: