Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

When It Seems There Is No Hope

Thou art wearied in the greatness of thy way; yet saidst thou not, There is no hope: thou hast found the life of thine hand; therefore thou wast not grieved. - Isaiah 57:10

During my Bible reading last week, this verse jumped out at me, and today I would like to make an application using this verse. Let's begin with the first phrase: Thou art wearied in the greatness of thy way. Does the way before you seem great today? Does the path appear long and scary? Troublesome roads can leave us weary, even if we haven't traveled them yet. Just the thought of the path ahead is enough to cause fear and dread. Whether were facing a difficult day, week or even year, the path before us evokes anxiety within us, making us weary before even taking the first step.

But look at the next phrase in this verse in Isaiah:  yet saidst thou not, There is no hope.  No matter how tired, weary or fearful we may become, we should never allow ourselves to feel that there is no hope. There is always hope. Jesus made sure that when He came to die and rise again. Not only did He purchase our salvation, but He also bought our right to believe and have faith in the things that we cannot see, including the things that lie at the end of the road which we are facing. And as long as Jesus lives, there will be hope.

So how can we tap into that hope? In the midst of our dread and anxiety, how can we remember that God will get us through this? The answer can be found in the very next phrase of the verse above:  thou hast found the life of thine hand; therefore thou wast not grieved.   To dispel the fear and worry, we must remember who life is all about and in whose hand our lives are held.  Psalm 27:1 says, The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?   The Lord is the strength of my life; therefore, I need not fear anyone or anything. The Bible assures me that He will never leave me nor forsake me, and because of that, I should not lose hope. Because if the Lord is with me, there is nothing that I cannot do.

I do not know what road or situation you are facing today, but I urge you to remember these words. Don't lose hope, dear friend. God will get you through this, no matter how impossible it seems. He is walking with you, and His loving arms of protection surround you. Though the way before you may seem daunting, go forward in faith, knowing that the Lord is the strength of your life, and because of that, you can continue to walk in hope.

In Christ, there is no such thing as a hopeless situation!

No comments: