Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, September 26, 2016

THY WILL BE DONE



When I first heard this story, I thought, Wow this could be me. Though Hillary's story is different than my own, I could certainly relate to what she was saying. I, too, have been in a place where I prayed for something, and the answer to those prayers was nothing like I had imagined. I've been in that time of darkness where I poured out words from my heart--words of pain and heartache that I felt no one could possibly understand. But time after time, I have received emails, letters and personal testimonies of how something I said comforted and encouraged someone else who was hurting. Through this, I am reminded that our pain has a purpose. Not only does it strengthen our faith, but it also allows us to be comforted so that we, in turn, can comfort others.

When I first saw this video yesterday, I felt like I needed to share it on my blog, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt that it just wasn't right for my devotional blog. But this morning, during my own personal devotions, the Lord used His Word to confirm that I was, indeed, to share this video this morning. Not only that, but I was to remind you that, whatever you're going through, God has a purpose and a plan. And instead of asking God, "Why me?," ask God, "How can I use this to help others?" I know it isn't easy, and it certainly isn't painless, but God is the God of all comfort, and He may be preparing you to encourage someone else. So hang in there, dear friend. God is working all things for your good!

Note: To hear Hillary's song, Thy Will, click on over to today's Song of the Day post.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. - II Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments: