Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, March 1, 2013

Good Medicine

Have you ever had one of those weeks when it seemed like life was out to get you?  I hope not because, let me tell you, they're hard on the soul.  Yes, you guessed it.  It's been one of those weeks around here.  From malfunctioning appliances to neck and shoulder pain, it's been a rough few days.  I'm frustrated, discouraged and overwhelmed.  Not a good combination for writing an encouraging blog post, you know?  How does one describe God's faithfulness while feeling that God has forsaken her?  How does one apply Biblical truths that don't seem quite so true at the moment?  Deep down in the recesses of my soul, I know what's right and what's true, but right now, there's not enough light to see into the dark corners of my soul where God's promises reside.  I'm completely out of sorts.

That's why I decided to do something a little different today.  Instead of writing a post, I'm going to share with you a snippet of good medicine I came across on Facebook this morning.  I do not know the author of the following quote, but I appreciate her encouragement.  The Lord knows how much I needed it today.

"God wants you to move through this day with a quiet heart, an inward assurance that He is in control, a peaceful certainty that your life is in His hands, a deep trust in His plan and purposes, and a thankful disposition toward all that He allows. He wants you to put your faith in Him, not in a timetable. He wants you to wait on Him and wait for Him. In His perfect way He will put everything together...see to every detail...arrange every circumstance...and order every step to bring to pass what He has for you."

2 comments:

June said...

Praying with you, Dana. You aren't alone. There's a real warfare going on. Thanking God, with you, for restoring your joy and peace.
Thanks for being faithful!
Agapetos!
June
Deut. 31:8

Dana Rongione said...

Thanks so much, June. Your prayers are worth more than you can imagine. It seems that Satan has really been busy lately, attacking the saints and stealing both peace and joy. I've heard from several others that are struggling in some sort of spiritual battle or another. All I can think is that the Lord is coming back VERY soon, and Satan is trying to stir up as much trouble as possible before that time.

Even so come QUICKLY, Lord Jesus!