Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Monumental

Last night, I finally had the opportunity to see a movie that I've been waiting to see for a couple of years now.  The name of the movie is Monumental, and if you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to do so. (By the way, for all you Netflix subscribers, it is now on Netflix streaming.)  The movie is a family-friendly, Christian film about the principles on which our country was founded.  It gives information about the pilgrims, including accounts that I had never heard before.  But above all, it highlights a little-known monument in Plymouth, Massachusetts that spells out the forefathers' recipe for a prosperous and successful nation.  At the top of that list is faith in God.

The film is set up a bit like a documentary, but I found it to be interesting and quite insightful.  I found out information about the pilgrims that I had never known and was completely dumbstruck by the detailed monument that was put in place by those who settled this country so long ago.  The movie was a reminder of the values our country was founded upon and of our duty, as Christians, to stand up and fight to see our country ruled by those values once again.

I don't typically do many movie reviews, but this one is a must-see for all Christians, so I wanted to take this post to recommend it.  If you've already seen it, I'd love to hear what you thought about it, so feel free to leave a comment below.  If you haven't seen it, you'll want to.  You won't regret it.  It's amazing!

No comments: