Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Really Big Bottle

Any of you who know me know that I am a VERY tenderhearted person. I think sometimes that I'm too tenderhearted. I can't watch someone cry without joining them. If I see someone hurting, my heart aches for them. I can't even watch a touching movie without crying my eyes out. It just doesn't take much to make me cry.

For that reason, whenever I read verse 8 of Psalm 56, my mind begins to spin. It says, Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? I'm wondering if God keeps all of our tears. If so, does he keep them all in one bottle or do we each have our own bottle? Even if I have my own personal tear bottle in Heaven, can you imagine how big it must be? I know that I've cried oceans of tears in my life, and I just can't imagine a bottle big enough to hold them all. It's an interesting thought, isn't it?

But, there is one thing I do know for sure. God sees each of my tears, and more than that, He understands each one. During those times when I just can't find the words to express how I feel, my tears can speak for me. What a blessing to know that God understands! What an even bigger blessing to know that one day, He will wipe all the tears from our eyes. We won't need them anymore. So, I wonder, what happens to our tear bottles then?

No comments: