Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Friday, April 9, 2010

Reach Out and Touch Someone


Did you know that you're special? Yes, you! So often in life, we go about our daily tasks, and we forget just how special we are. We also lose sight of the fact that God has a plan for our lives. I'm not just talking about the "big plan" like God wants you to be a teacher or God has called you to the mission field. I'm talking about the everyday plans God has for each of us. What plans? That's between you and God.

God has given each of us talents and abilities, and we are to use those talents and abilities daily to honor him and encourage others. I can hear it now -- some of you are saying, "But I can't write. I can't sing. I can't play music. I can't speak in front of people. I can't sing. I can't do anything that God can use." WRONG!!! I believe every talent and ability can be used for the glory of God.

Maybe you're an excellent organizer; God can use you. Maybe you handle money very wisely; God can use you. Maybe you're a compassionate person; God can use you. Maybe you have nothing to offer but your time; that's okay - God can use you too.

You see, the question isn't can God use you. The question is are you allowing God to use you. He has made you the person you are because He has a special and unique plan for you. Are you following that plan? Are you using your gifts to help others? Reach out and touch someone today. You'll be amazed at the change in your own life when you do.

No comments: