Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, May 17, 2010

Do You Want Proof?

I mentioned the other day how much I like to read. Sometimes I read for enjoyment, but sometimes I really read to learn new things. In my reading this morning, I came across something very interesting. Did you know there's a member of the iguana family named the Jesus Christ lizard? I'm serious. I'm not making it up. This creature is so named because when he flees from a predator, he is very fast and can even run across water. In fact, he can run about 10-20 meters without sinking. Is that awesome or what?

You know what's even more awesome? The fact that as much as scientists try to deny the existence of Christ and the truth of the Bible, the proof is staring them in the face. Why would they name this creature after a person and event that never occurred? It makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Want to know what I think (you might as well say "yes" because I'm going to tell you anyway)? I think they believe in a lot more than they claim to. I think they just don't want to admit it because then they would be accountable to someone higher than themselves. I truly think it's a matter of pride. Unfortunately for them, they will be held accountable whether they acknowledge Christ's existence or not.

Anyway, just an interesting fact that came my way this morning. Here's a video of this little critter running across the waves. (I think I'll name him Peter!)

No comments: