Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Monday, May 10, 2010

Sure-fire Way to Avoid Neck Pain


The hike down to Lake Wattacoo (my favorite getaway) has become quite daunting. First off, I have to watch every step because the snakes are out, and they have no compunction about stretching out across the trail. Second, I have to keep my head up and watch for spider webs. They're everywhere right now, and they can often be difficult to spot (that is, until it's stuck to my forehead). So, my hike went like this: look down for the snakes, look up for the webs, look down for the snakes, look up for the webs, look down, look up, etc. By the time I finally arrived at the lake, my neck was tired from the workout.

Life can sometimes be similar. We strive so hard to keep our eyes focused on Christ, but we must also be wary of the snares Satan has placed before us. The difference is that God is much more accomodating than the snakes and spiders. He has assured us that if we will stay focused on Him, He will warn us of any upcoming snares. No need to wear out our neck muscles. Just look to Him. He will direct our steps.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. - Psalm 37:23-26

No comments: