Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Day Without Problems?


Do you ever long for a day when something doesn't break, blowup, or crash? Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a day where everything worked as it should and no problems arose? Sounds a bit like a fantasy, doesn't it?

For the past month, I have battled one problem after another. E-mail issues, newsletter software problems, malware, dead batteries, empty toner cartridges, malfunctioning programs, mice under my house, and wasps in my laundry room. Frustration after frustration! But I think that the straw finally broke the camel's back this morning when my laptop powered down and then refused to power back up again. I don't know if there's a problem with the battery, the charger, or the computer itself. What I do know is that I lost "my cool."

Fortunately, only a couple of moments into my tirade, I stopped and prayed. My prayer went something like this: Lord, I am very frustrated at this moment. I'm so tired of facing one problem after another, but Lord, please help me not to be angry. I know You are in control of all things and that You have a purpose for these trials. Please help me to understand what I need to do and what I need to learn.

To be honest, I felt much better after I prayed. No, my laptop still isn't working, but the Lord is giving peace. You see, I'm finally learning that the best way to handle my problems is not with anger, bitterness, or worry. It's with prayer. Plain and simple! My request doesn't have to be long, and my words don't need to be eloquent. But I have found such peace in simply pouring my heart out to God and leaving the burdens in His hands.

Facing heartaches or frustrations today? Don't worry. Don't be angry. Take it to the Lord in prayer, and leave it there. You'll feel much better when you do!

No comments: